POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aurora (7kbu) : Re: Aurora (7kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aurora (7kbu)
From: Spock
Date: 27 Mar 2001 08:52:53
Message: <3ac09b35$1@news.povray.org>
This is an excellent start.  We see them here in the late fall and early
winter (when the air is clear) and your intent was unmistakable.

I composed a long response trying to describe the difference between what I
see in the sky and what I see in your image, but I don't have sufficient
command of the language.  So I decided to search for pictures on the web
instead.  These pictures look accurate to me:

http://www.ptialaska.net/~hutch/aurora.html

I have no idea how you might start modelling this in POV, but I wish you
luck and look forward to future results.